Measuring the thermal extension in spindles
- Non-contact and wear-free measurement
- Cost-effective design
- Miniature sensor and controller, entirely integrable into spindle
- Calibration for ferromagnetic and non-ferromagnetic
- Integrated temperature measurement in the sensor
- Extreme temperature stability
The SGS 4701 consists of a sensor, a sensor cable and a controller, factory calibrated for ferromagnetic and non-ferromagnetic measurement objects. Two miniature sensors enable it to be installed directly in the spindle. The compact controller can be installed on the spindle housing via a flange or directly in the spindle.
The SGS 4701 operates on the eddy current measuring principle. This non-contact measurement is wear-free. Furthermore, the measurement procedure is resistant to disturbances such as heat, dust and oil.